MINNEAPOLIS, MN – April 27, 2016 – Avtex, a provider of integrated interaction solutions, announced today that they have undergone a Type I Service Organization Control 2 examination resulting in a CPA’s report stating that management of Avtex maintained effective controls over the Security and Availability of its Hosting and Managed Services. The engagement was performed by Linford & Company LLP.
A SOC 2 Type I report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the design of controls at a service organization that are relevant to the security and availability of the system used by the service organization to process customers’ transactions or information.
“We are pleased that our SOC 2 report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to Security and Availability,” said Eric Van Heel, Vice President, Cloud Solutions Support. “The report provides Avtex’s customers and prospects with independent, third-party verification that our operations meet or exceed corporate defined levels of processes and controls.”
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability. The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
A SOC 2 report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers and provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
Current and prospective customers interested in our services may contact Eric Van Heel.
Latest posts by Avtex (see all)
- Avtex Joins Twin-Cities Based Norwest Equity Partners (NEP) Portfolio of Business Services Companies - February 12, 2018
- CRM Special Report: Fundamental Strategy for a Pivotal Objective - January 29, 2018
- Creating Meaningful Engagements in the Financial Services Industry - January 17, 2018